Yes

Anti-Ransomware went to Disabled

Since the latest update the programme remained stable for approximately onoe week even when I closed it before shutting down. Today on starting up the programme was 'Disabled' and 'Fix it' did not work neither did 'Protect' link. I uninstalled and re-installed obtaining the first version which was 'Disabled'. Notification showed that the update was avbailable and this was installed. There was no change and the programme remains 'Disabled' and will not reset.

Hello Yes:

Before anything else, please create the following zipped archives for developer analysis:

Create a Zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another Zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above .zip archive files to your next reply.

Only after posting the above archives and if a conventional Windows restart to the Normal boot mode has/does not resolve(d) the reported issue, please consider a clean re-install of MBARW Beta:

1. Close all open Windows applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.
2. If MBARW Beta was uninstalled successfully, the following directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 64-bit system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\
                             C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                             C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.  If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory may be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as administrator from the context menu.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

So sorry but I am not able to comply with your advice as my knowledge is lacking. Thanks for trying to help. Maybe I had better wait until the Developers manage to fix the problems and then I could re-install the non-beta version. As a matter of interest I did uninstall the pragramme and re-installed direct from your MBARW Introduction site. That did not correct my problem.

Hello 1PW: Further to my reply above. I have since looked for the items in your para. 2. They were removed when I uninstalled the programme.

Hello Yes:

If you were to manually delete the directories, in post #1, in Windows Safe mode, then restart Windows to the Normal mode followed by an install of MBARW Beta6, you would then likely restore MBARW Beta to full functionality.   Assistance is always here for the asking.

Thank you for participating in the MBARW Beta testing program.

I would like to continue on this topic because I have the same issue here and it did not disappear after a day.

I do not seem to be able to upload the required zips (error 200). I created the zips with jzip. Please advice. The creating of the logarchive required a complete shutdown of MBAM Home Premium, MBARW and services. I run Win10.

I will follow up with the result of uninstall/install.

Hello @HansR and :welcome:

It is disappointing to read your testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.

The same is true for solutions. Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.

Development Team Members, Staffers and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.

Hello cyberspace:

Welcome back, and thank you for the good news update.