Anti Ransomware Beta picked up Ransomware

WoolyBDA

Just wanted to let you know that your Anti-Ransomware Beta just picked up and cleaned the following from my PC.

Malware.Ransom.Agent.Generic 

Location- C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\_iu14D2N.tmp

This was picked up when I was uninstalling a pirated copy of a game (I'll usually demo a game to judge if it's worthy of purchase)... I guess a kind of 'Up Yours' on the way out.

Specifically picked up by your Anti-Malware Beta, not by Anti-Malware Premium or Anti-Exploit Premium, which are also installed.

Thanks Guys. I look forward to the final product

No worries, just wanted to make sure.  Occasionally, new users will erroneously post in a forum related to a specific product but actually want assistance with another product.

I'll point a staff member here to your thread to see if they want any information from you.

3 hours ago, Quinncy said:

I tried to download the software but it says not supported for my OS  I am running windows Vista ?

Hello Quinncy:

No editions or versions of Windows Vista are supported by the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW) Beta testing program.  The setup program will download, but the setup task will soon detect the Windows Vista OS, and not continue.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/178575-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta-on-vista/

Thank you for your interest in the MBARW Beta testing program.