[RESOLVED] Slow down on forum still

I've experienced the slow down today quite a bit, and my other topic about forums showing new topics when there are no new topics in there seems to be related  It's manifested again today, and it is the same forum.  Apparently, when this slowdown occurs, my cookies get unsynced, so now I have to log out, delete my cookies and then log in again.

• Administrators
On 4/7/2016 at 1:30 PM, John L. Galt said:

my other topic about forums showing new topics when there are no new topics

Hi @John L. Galt, can you give me more details of what you are referring to? Where are you not seeing your new topics showing? The "Topics" widget on the home page? If you ctrl + F5, does this fix any inconsistency that you are seeing on the forum and any forum widgets, etc?

Hi, celee.  No, hard reloading of the pages does not fix it.  Yesterday there was at least one (perhaps more) time period when the forums slowed to a crawl, it did not last long, but around the same time frame I found that the MBAM Help Forum kept showing me a new post indicator but when I went into the forum there were no new posts.

I do not use the new topics widget at all.  I go into forums that show new topics, make my way through them, then go back to the forum home page, where I see forums with new replies in them, and continue as such systematically until there are no new ones left.  But actually clicking the home link at the top (or bottom) it reloads the home page, as opposed to using the back button (which may load a cached version of the page) so that every view I make of the home page is a fresh view- which makes the widget totally useless to me, particularly with the sync period.

I think what happens is that a transmission error occurs, and at that point my cookies don't get updated correctly, so that the board shows me a new reply indicator where there is no new reply.

In fact, I believe it is all related to the other thread here in the forum about the breaking editor.

I have not tried another browser for this issue.  And as for reproducing the issue, I cannot manufacture the board slowdown effect.  I have a very high speed connection that is very stable, but every now and again, usually when other are also posting about forum slowdown, I will experience the same symptoms.

Thus, I also cannot say it is fixed until the condition occurs again.

It almost sounds like the forum tasks may be running in the background. It would help @John L. Galt if you can post the time frames you experience this issue. This will allow the administrators to check the tasks (Last Run) and perhaps set up a cron to run them if they haven't already done so.

• celee changed the title to [RESOLVED] Slow down on forum still
  • celee locked this topic