False Positive - dbPowerAmp MusicConverter

memeweaver

I was transcoding a folder full of media files to another format. MBAM removed the MusicConverter.exe but it has marked it for deletion and won't allow me to restore it "Can't restore an item marked for deletion on reboot".

I can't see how I am supposed to recover it without reinstalling and rebooting (both of which would interrupt some other long processes I need to keep running). I don't know where the quarantine is to supply sample files.

Hello memeweaver and :welcome:

Please carefully read the locked and pinned topic in this sub-forum, How to report a False Positive and for developer analysis, kindly attach the 3 requested .zip archives to your next reply in this thread.

If a exclusion has not already been entered, a temporary exclusion entry might then be made available to prevent a re-occurrence for your individual system.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

Hello memeweaver:

Of course the now missing binary would be excluded.  The remainder of the requested archives would still be quite helpful.

Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you.

memeweaver,

MBARW actually doesn't delete anything on reboot, it simply moves it to the quarantine folder. So after reboot please restore the file, zip the file up, and add it to the exclusions for now so you may work as normal. 

Then, if you would be so kind as to follow 1PW's instructions above and upload the logs along with the exe file.

I'm sorry that I sought clarification on the original instructions and that I believed the program when it said that it was going to delete the item on reboot.

I'll leave you folks to enforce your rules and not bother you further. I'll cancel my paid subscription too.