Malwarebytes wont scan file named qikdb

I recently built a new pc and everything was working fine for a couple months until recently when the Norton Antivirus trial expired my pc immediately began to freeze at boot up or when attempting to open a program, windows explorer closes and I am not able to open task manager or any other program all I can see and move is my mouse.

I ran a complete reinstallation of windows and it worked for a day or two until the problem came back and then I ran the automatic repair tool for windows 10 and still wasnt fixed.

I never did much browsing as all I used it for was to play games on Steam but I ran Mbam anyway to see if it had malware but the scanner stops scanning once it reaches a folder called "qikdb" located inside my user folder.

Any one know what the cause of the problem might be?

Hi, @User619, and :welcome:

There could be lots of different causes for your original issues, from faulty hardware to malware to faulty software (meaning Windows Updates).  The issue of MBAM scanner stopping is more than likely from a different cause, although everything could be related.

First off, when you say it stops scanning, do you get any sort of warning, any sort of notification, or does it hang completely, meaning you cannot cancel the scan, you cannot exit the program, etc?