Infected with adf.ly popup

Hello,

Recently it seems that despite having pop up blockers installed on my PC for use with chrome, my PC has become infected with some kind of adware installed on my PC called adf.ly.   It periodically and randomly opens up a pop up in my chrome browser upon restarting the PC or waking it up from sleep and logging in.  I did see some forum on this from a few years ago but I am running Windows 10 education OS which is different so the procedure for removing it may also  be different.  I also have a premium subscription for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but a scan does not pick this up.  I would appreciate it if you could assist me with hunting this down and removing it from my laptop.

Hello and :welcome:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. 

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

[IMG]
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Ok well I will capture a screenshot then of the next time a chrome browser opens on its own, with a destination url lying within the adf.ly domain.  Probably you can see no infection because my popup blockers block it from executing, but I have something on my laptop that is trying to execute itself it seems, even if it is being blocked every time, I would like to remove the file that is attempting to execute.

So yes my Google account is logged in on the browser.  Not sure on what is a suspicious extension but here is what is installed for Chrome:

Ad.Block

Google Docs

Google Docs Offline

Google Hangouts

Google Sheets

Google Slides

Popup Blocker Pro

And Plugins

Adobe Flash Player

Widevine Content Decryption Module

Chrome PDF Viewer

Native Client

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!