Anti-Ransome Ware

Rambuster

I have had no issues with Ransom ware, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransom Ware works seamlessly in the back ground. The only thing I noticed is it did not do automatic updating, I had to manually click update. This could be an issue when the consumer version is released.

Great Product!

Hi, @Rambuster, and :welcome:

Thanks for your report!

As noted in various locations, this will not be a standalone product, but will be integrated into another already existing product such as MB Anti-Malware.  As such, prior to such integration, the automatic update will be handled by the existing product as well.

For more information, please see the following:

1. Original Malwarebytes Blog announcing the MBARW product:  https://blog.malwarebytes.org/malwarebytes-news/2016/01/introducing-the-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta/

2. Original MBARW Beta test post: 
  3. Original explanation of product purview and intention to integrate:

HTH

Edited by John L. Galt
Fixed typographical errors

Hello Rambuster:

Regarding the automatic updating, please create the following zipped archives for developer team analysis:

Create a zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.