Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

--Control-Scans-- in Taskbar Icon Tray

AWP

In the Icon Tray, when Rt.Click the MalwareBytes Icon;

Would you please consider adding the following Option; It will require 1 additional line.

Adding this option will prevent user (and --Save a Lot of Wait Time--, especially, if a SCAN is running) from having to Open Malware Bytes and go thru 2 or 3 additional mouse clicks to achieve what I'm suggesting. 

If no scan is running; The line would read "Begin Scan Now" 
If a scan is running: The line would read "Pause active Scan" or something similar
If a scan is 'Paused': The line would read "Resume Paused Scan"

This will allow user to control scans with 2 - mouse clicks, vs opening the program and still having to navigate to other screens

Hi, @AWP, and :welcome:

1. The first would be hard to do, because then you also have to specific what kind of scan you want to perform, and if you want to perform a custom scan then you need to select options, etc.
  2. The second may not be a great idea, as it could possibly be hijacked by malware to prevent scanning of itself.  I'll let a developer weigh in.  However, I do agree with the idea.  (NOTE:  The wait time will still be the same, using this option, though)
  3. I would like to see this, as well.

Hopefully a staff member can comment on this some more.