Problem updating MB Anti-RansomWare

Kurttb1

I had problems updating to the 9.15.416..   first I hit the yellow  New update available button only to have the MWBAR screen freeze and not allow anything, no highlights nothing.   Then I go to forums to find link for new version and download set-up file for .416  I then run this trying to copy over old,  updater come up 3-4 times says unable to delete old file or stop old service etc..  I hit retry on delete old files several times without success finally hit ignore and it seemed to install but would not run or connect to service.   After complaining and filing my info Zip files here on forum (on another link will try to move over to this one)  I was afraid to restart my computer for fear it would not restart.. and was concerned about one of my other computers with MWBAR not being able to access the set-up menu, don't know if that is normal.  Anyway.. after reading another similar post about "MWBAR not updating and service not connecting" I found the guy was having same problem updating and not connecting, who DID restart his computer and was then able to update and connect to service SO I decided to risk restarting my computer and then running (immediately) the downloaded and saved Set-up file for .416  which to my Thankfulness worked and made me a happy camper.  Like I said I did send in the zip files after all the problems and before I restarted so maybe they can use them to debug the program.     P.S.   Thank you Malwarebytes for your Anti-Ransomware program it has already notified of several attempts of attacks by rogue ransomware including from Ease-s back-up program and from Bang--good selling site, both were stopped and I was notified.  Do not know if those were false positives but it did show the Anti-ransomware was working.  

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

MBAMService.zip

Hello kurttb1:

It appears as if Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW) Beta5 failed to upgrade to Beta6.   Please consider a clean install to MBARW Beta6:

1. Close all open Windows applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware through the Windows system Control Panel.
2. If MBARW Beta5 was uninstalled successfully, the following directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 64-bit system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\
                C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
                C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually. If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory may be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpgRun as administrator from the context menu.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Then, after a prudent period of watchful waiting please reply to your topic with the status and any issues.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Hello 1PW,   thank you for the information, however, before I had a chance to do any of that,  I restarted my computer and to my glee it restarted, I immediately went to my downloaded setup file and ran it,  It was able to turn the old program off and install and I have had no problem with it, in fact I think I didn't even have to tell it to reconnect.

On my other computer I started and the computer and hit the icon in the task tray, it popped up and came up with again a yellow Icon which visually looked like it was not showing correctly on the screen that is the button seemed half on,   I decided to try to again download the program and hit stop protection on the old program, then I decided maybe I should leave the protection on while I downloaded the program so I went to the screen and turn hit the button to start protection  and to my surprise the weak looking yellow button was now a bright shiny well defined button and looked like it wanted to work,  so I thought what the heck I'll hit the install button and see if it comes through,  WELL I am happy to say it downloaded the program ,turned off the old program and reinstalled,  I had to use the desktop icon to open it up and then hit the start protection button and it works now without any problems on both computers.   Thank you for your posts , Kurt