Malwarebytes Program and Protection Won't Start on Regular User Account

Hello everyone I have decided to do my personal work on a normal user account so any unauthorized modifications of my computer would be detected. So after my new account booted up Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Avast Premium booted but I had to double click into MBAM. Even after that regardless of what I would do the protection would still be disabled. I am currently using Premium of 2.2.1

Not sure what's happening, please follow the steps below under your Administrator account, then test the limited account to see if your issue gets resolved.

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs(the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.1 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Yes clean install did work and I reentered my license and protection was there but then after I restarted my computer the protection turned itself off. I have protection enabled at startup and currently right now but it says I have no protection.

32 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I will have someone review your logs, in the meantime, now that you have done a clean re-install under the admin account, is it working correctly in your other limited account now?

Nope the protection only works and starts up in admin account.

• Root Admin

Difficult to say for sure  but you do have a few minor issue that will require deeper look to ensure the computer is not infected. You appear to have something probably conflicting that seems to be preventing other apps or services from running.

I would recommend you do a full disk check on the drive too. From an elevated Admin command prompt type

CHKDSK  C:  /R

Then press the Y key to say yes to run after restart and restart the computer and let it run.

Normally that is indicative of partial failure(s) on the disk.  I'd let it keep going until it completes.  Interrupting it may cause more problems, as that command not only fixes errors but also finds sectors that are bad and moves as much readable data off those sectors to new, undamaged sectors.  If there are a lot of damaged sectors, it can take a good long while. 

Some information for the way that Chkdsk works (and what the /r means).

CHKDSK [volume[[path]filename]]] [/F] [/V] [/R] [/X] [/I] [/C] [/L[:size]] [/B]

volume          Specifies the drive letter (followed by a colon),
                  mount point, or volume name.

filename        FAT/FAT32 only: Specifies the files to check for fragmentation.

/F              Fixes errors on the disk.

/V              On FAT/FAT32: Displays the full path and name of every file
                  on the disk.
                  On NTFS: Displays cleanup messages if any.

/R              Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information
                  (implies /F).

/L:size         NTFS only:  Changes the log file size to the specified number
                  of kilobytes.  If size is not specified, displays current
                  size.

/X              Forces the volume to dismount first if necessary.
                  All opened handles to the volume would then be invalid
                  (implies /F).

/I              NTFS only: Performs a less vigorous check of index entries.

/C              NTFS only: Skips checking of cycles within the folder
                  structure.

/B              NTFS only: Re-evaluates bad clusters on the volume
                  (implies /R)

The /I or /C switch reduces the amount of time required to run Chkdsk by
skipping certain checks of the volume.

HTH

BTW @JGamez downloading software from non approved websites, known for piracy, is not a good idea (as seen in your logs), its a good way to get infected. Its best to get your downloads directly from the vendor of the software.

Make sure you have no pirated software on your system when seeking help in Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

If any evidence of pirates software is found, topic will be closed by one of the Admins or Mods due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Thank you

28 minutes ago, Firefox said:

BTW @JGamez downloading software from non approved websites, known for piracy, is not a good idea (as seen in your logs), its a good way to get infected. Its best to get your downloads directly from the vendor of the software.

Make sure you have no pirated software on your system when seeking help in Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

If any evidence of pirates software is found, topic will be closed by one of the Admins or Mods due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Thank you

Out of curiosity which program is in question of possible piracy?

• Root Admin

You can look in the Event Logs to see what CHKDSK found and corrected. You can copy/paste the results here.

On Windows XP the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Winlogon
On Windows 7 the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Wininit
On Windows 8 the disk check log is in the Event Logs under Application with a heading source of  Chkdsk

How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP

How to Read the Event Viewer Log for Check Disk (chkdsk) in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8