Black Screen on Laptop after malware deletion

Hello. 

Yesterday I found out I had a virus infecting my laptop. Using MalwareBytes I believe I was able to get rid of it. However, once deleting the files, I was prompted to restart my laptop which I did. But once it restarted and I logged back in, I have a black screen with a little box in the bottom left corner. I am able to use task manager and get to my files from there, but I am unable to see my whole desktop. I have tried running another scan and using other anti malware softwares, but no use. I have also tried to use a restore point but the file restoration does not complete so i cannot restore. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Please download the following tools on your Desktop:

• Insert your USB and then start Rufus
  • Select the ISO file WIN10586PESE_x64.ISO on the desktop via the ISO icon.

16kbazl.jpg

• Under the Device select your USB Flash.
  • Press Start
  • When the process is complete, copy Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 on this USB
  • Insert USB into infected computer and power on the computer. Now you need to set your computer to boot from USB. In order to do that, follow thisguide.
  • When you boot from USB, you will see image like this:

advanced-boot-options-menu.jpg

• Click Troubleshoot

In the next window, click Advanced options and select Command Prompt.

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • When notepad opens, click File and select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.

Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.

• The tool will start to run. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please attach it to your reply.

Download attached fixlist.txt and save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt

>>  Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....

•    Press the Fix button once and wait.
  •    FRST will process fixlist.txt
  •    When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.

>>  Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...

fixlist.txt

Im sorry to keep on doing this but ive just turned it on again and its working now. I had the Flash drive plugged in when turning on, and the desktop reappeared. Restarted with the Flash drive taken out and its still appearing. I'll keep you updated if anything changes once restarting again. Thank you

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!