MBAM WONT UPDATE

I purchased MBAM HOME PREMIUM from website, via download, plus I paid extra for a install/backup disk over a year ago. 

My Dell Insperon desktop broke down 2 weeks ago, hence I purchased a new PC laptop, Windows 10,  and after re-installing MBAM, via disk, the software  fails to update.

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING  0,0, Host not found

The database is outdated by 1205 days.

I have Norton Security Deluxe anti-virus plus firewall installed on my laptop.

I tried getting hold of an agent, from MBAM tech support, via ticket, yet the process takes a LONG time.  My elderly Wife, sadly, suffers from dementia and I have to focus on her...lest she walks out the door and gets lost or is accident prone, hence I cannot spend several hours online waiting.

I am an analog guy in the digital age thus please post response in PLAIN ENGLISH...as I am a senior citizen.

Please help.

THANK  YOU

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs(the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.1 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Firefox

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my  post and  for responding.  My elderly Wife, alas, is not doing so well, due to her dementia, hence I don't have that much time to  be online today.

I shall be sure to take your suggestions seriously and post back ASAP.

THANK YOU

:welcome: Hi Big Ben,

From what you mentioned up at the start, it would seem your source disc is very old.  Probably an old version 1 of our program.  I would suggest retiring the disc.

The install link in the article cited by Firefox will get you our most current ( latest ) program version.

I wish you and your spouse well.