Install Issues Of Management Console

When I go to install the Management Business console - it sees the SQL 2008 Express and goes onto install - but Error 1001 happens and it tiems out trying to install the dsatabase. Same thing if trying to go to an existing SDQL 2008 r2 instance. Same error no matter what. Any ideas why?

• Staff

Have you verified that the prerequisites have been met as listed in the Admin Guide?  Do you have .NET 4.0 installed?  Do the username and password that you are using to access the SQL database have admin powers?  All of these are required here.

• Staff

I know it has been tested on Server 2008 and Server 2012.  I am not sure about SBS 2011.  In a lot of software packages, 4.5 would mean everything up to and including that version.  With Microsoft, .NET 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 are all different packages.  You would need 4.0 as well as what you have installed.  Still, I am not sure about SBS 2011.  Nobody will be online for a while who may have that knowledge, so if the .NET part doesn't resolve your issues, you may need to wait a bit.  If that's the case, please bear with us.

• Root Admin

According to the Web it should but many others claim it does not cover 100%

•The .NET Framework 4.5 replaces the .NET Framework 4. When you install the .NET Framework 4.5 on a system that has the .NET Framework 4 installed, the assemblies are replaced.

So, no .NET 4.5 doesnt include .NET 4.0. You still have a chance that some assemblies may be missed

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

Once installed you should reboot and then rescan again for other Windows updates to the .NET Framework

• Root Admin

Note: Windows SBS 2011 Standard is built on Windows Server® 2008 R2 Standard so it should be supported in general. However it also a Domain Controller which is not supported so not an optimal choice for the Management Console

Malwarebytes Management Console

Hardware
CPU: 2 GHz (dual-core 2.6 GHZ or higher recommended)
RAM:2GB(4 GB recommended)
Available Disk Space: 10 GB (20 GB recommended)
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or greater
Active Internet connection for database and product updates

Software
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (or newer), Firefox, Chrome or
Opera browser
.NET Framework 3.5
.NET Framework 4.0

Supported Operating Systems
(Excludes Server Core installation option)
Windows Server 2012®/2012 R2®(64-bit)
Windows Server 2008®/2008 R2®(32-bit, 64-bit)

Supported Microsoft SQL Servers
SQL Server 2014
SQL Server 2012
SQL Server 2008 (for larger installations)

Included Microsoft SQL Server
SQL Server 2008 Express(shipped with product, 10 GB
maximum database size limitation)

All good stuff - thanks folks. I will  wait for some more heads to hit this - then I think I will have to uninstall 4.5 - then install 4.0 - then 4.5 again because although some 4 assemblies are present in IIS - I do not see everything I probably should - but am not really asure,. The running installer and server/ports greyed out as me looped

• Root Admin

Yes, no one recommends installing much on servers that act as Domain Controllers as they control your entire AD infrastructure and no one wants to be responsible for any possible issues involved there.

Well all the hits on that error link to .NET version missing so though I've not personally seen that error myself if would seem very likely to be the cause.

You should be able to do a full uninstall of the Management Console, reboot. Then remove your .NET 4.5 and reboot again and install the .NET 4.0 and then install our program and verify it's working. Then at that point an update to 4.5 should be just fine as it will build the assemblies as needed when called again.

You should make a full image backup of the server before doing so though. I would also recommend opening a ticket on the Business Support Help Desk for your issue.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/support/business/

Thanks again