No Threats Found, but I think there is still a virus

Hi, 

Earlier today my computer would not connect to the internet, it's on wireless router, but 7 other computers here connected with no problem. I think I have a virus. I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware and Microsoft Sec. Essentials, but found no threats. The computer is still slow, flickers, and sometimes has a delay in typing. Programs are not responding and shutting down without being overwhelmed. 

I tried to follow some of the other threads, but did not help. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Running Windows 7 Home Premium. 

20 hours ago, CLq said:

Hi, 

Earlier today my computer would not connect to the internet, it's on wireless router, but 7 other computers here connected with no problem.

12 minutes ago, CLq said:

Thank you so much, new to this! I will do this on Monday, in case it takes 48 hours, as I will not be around the computer all weekend. 

Is this a business, work or school computer by any chance, as your posts suggest?

If so, per the EULA, MBAM Consumer is for use only on personal home computers. 
There is a different version of MBAM, with different licensing, for business/work/government/educational/non-profit use; it is MBAM Business, version 1.80
So, if this is a business system, you might want to please contact the Business Help Desk HERE.
They can assist you with with malware cleanup in a business environment.
They can also assist you with installation/configuration of the proper MBAM software for your environment, and with proper licensing.

If this is a personal home computer, then, by all means, please do follow the expert advice offered by @noknojon.

Cheers,

Clq - A few things here to check.

You might of had a DNS poisoning Trojan on the computer that changed your DNS servers from automatic to custom ones.

To check this, go into network settings, adapters, open the adapter properties "Do this for all adapters" Click on the IPV4 then properties, make sure the DNS servers are set to automatic, if there is a custom IP in there, remove it before switching to automatic.

Also, Did you run Malwarebytes scan in safe mode? If not there is a chance that the malware is hiding itself, starting in safe mode should prevent the malware from hiding itself and the scan might find it.

Also also, Check the task manager, you said the computer is running slow, check and see what is using the most resources. Do you have a restore point from before the computer seemed to be running slow? Maybe try restoring to that, then immediately restarting into safe mode and running a scan.

Make sure Malwarebytes definitions arte fully updated as well.

Good luck!

Mithrow 

4 minutes ago, Mithrow said:

Clq - A few things here to check.

You might of had a DNS poisoning Trojan on the computer that changed your DNS servers from automatic to custom ones.

To check this, go into network settings, adapters, open the adapter properties "Do this for all adapters" Click on the IPV4 then properties, make sure the DNS servers are set to automatic, if there is a custom IP in there, remove it before switching to automatic.

Also, Did you run Malwarebytes scan in safe mode? If not there is a chance that the malware is hiding itself, starting in safe mode should prevent the malware from hiding itself and the scan might find it.

Also also, Check the task manager, you said the computer is running slow, check and see what is using the most resources. Do you have a restore point from before the computer seemed to be running slow? Maybe try restoring to that, then immediately restarting into safe mode and running a scan.

Make sure Malwarebytes definitions arte fully updated as well.

Good luck!

Mithrow 

Hello and welcome, @Mithrow

Until @noknojon returns...

Thanks for your well-meaning advice.

However, for the safety of our forum members, regular members are NOT permitted to provide malware removal or repair advice.

Such assistance is provided ONLY by trained experts  and ONLY in a special forum area reserved for that.

Thanks for your understanding.