Can't run mbytes in safe mode

Hello,

I have infected PC and I tried to install malwarebytes to scan and fix issues. The problem is I can't start malwarebytes even in safe mode. I get runtime rror "Access violation at address 5DAC379A. Read of address 00000000". Same one I get when I try to uninstall malwarebytes. Error is not shown when not run in safe mode. Program just wont start.

So far I tried to rename the .exe file to explorer.com. Didn't work.

Run the chameleon program. Which after renaming the mbam.exe file tries download setup and run mbam-setup-donwloaded.exe. That will fail with message "An error occured while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 32. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Click retry to try again ...". Also if ignored another error with code 5 is shown. After it completes computer is asked to reboot.

After reboot mbam.exe wont start. If chameleon is run again it will try to kill malicious processes. After that red text is shown "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was terminated - unable to start the scan". After that mbam.exe stil wont run.

I've also tried to runn rkill.exe and run mbam-clea tool downloaded to usb which then restarts the system. After reboot still in safe mode I've tried to run mbam installer that was downloaded to usb drive in another pc. Still get the same error after installation.

Also tried to download spybot but it will not update signatures.

What else is there to do before reinstalling os?

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.