Not Started, Will be Terminated

pcpunk

Hmm, a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. The Version at this page is different than the one I have? Official here: "MBAE version: 1.08.1.1044 Last updated: November 5, 2015", Mine is (1.8.1.1189)  I don't like to Un-Install Re-Install etc. if not needed, so can some one tell me if my version is the current one?  The problem seems to have gone away after a reboot so might be all good.  The difference between .8 and .08 escapes me.  I read about versions but now forget how they progress.  I see now that I do have the most recent: 1.08.1.1189 / February 1, 2016 so think I am all good, thanks for the support.

https://support.malwarebytes.org/customer/en/portal/articles/2213296-what-are-the-current-known-issues-with-anti-exploit-?b_id=6440

2. I am not running W10 but understand this might also work for me.  I'm running W7 and Ghostery, which I see has some issues working with MBAE?  I was just on a site that ghostery was blocking some stuff pretty heavily, can't remember for sure...but this problem was close to the same time I visited this site.

I will re-install if I have the issue again, thanks pbust!

Sorry guys, tried to Edit after too much time passed, here is what I wanted to ask:

Hmm, a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. The Version at this page is different than the one I have?  Mine is (1.8.1.1189) here is the current Version at the page below (1.08.1.1189 / February 1, 2016)  The difference between .8 and .08 escapes me.  I read about version progression but now forget how they work. I don't like to Un-Install Re-Install etc. if not needed, so can some one tell me if my version is the current one?  The problem seems to have gone away after a reboot so might be all good.  

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

2. I am not running W10 but understand this might also work for me.  I'm running W7 and Ghostery, which I see has some issues working with MBAE?  I was just on a site that ghostery was blocking some stuff pretty heavily, can't remember for sure...but this problem was close to the same time I visited this site.

I will re-install if I have the issue again, thanks pbust!

1. Numerically, 08 = 8 - probably nothing more than a typographical error.  @pbust can probably fix that to prevent further confusion.
  2. I've moved on from Ghostery, but in the past I've never had it cause issues with MBAE.  Ghostery protects the pages, while MBAE protects the application you're using to view the pages, as is my understanding.

I will note that there was a period of about a year and a half where I was not using MBAE as I was in the middle of testing Windows 10, from around October 2014 to this past February, so in that time, Ghostery may have, in fact, changed enough to cause issues with MBAE.  However, MBAE launches at login to Windows, before your browser even opens, so that sort of interaction really doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by John L. Galt
Fixed typographical errors

The problem still existed so I re-installed, will report back, thanks!

NOTE:  FWIW, After the Un-Install of AntiExploit I found NO files left over on my W7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

@ John L. Galt: I tried to look at your "Alternative OS Forum" but the only thing I got was this Link below.  I'm a Linux Mint Enthusiast so was interested but maybe that is an old link.

http://dozleng.com/updates/?showforum=46

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I´m now having the exact same problem as above. I did the steps as suggested here:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/171634-anti-exploit-not-started-under-windows-10/  - however, when I try to delete in C, it tells me Anti Exploit is open and I should close it?? Where is it open then and how do I close it there? As far as I know, it isn´t open anywhere since I have no Internet browser open ... Grateful for any help.