MSRT found 194 infected files no malware found, mrt.log errors

I have two computers with this issue but I will focus on my windows 8.1 computer. Malicious software removal tool found 194 infected files during scan on the windows 8.1 machine. Avast antivirus free did not find an issue, nor malwarebytes. My farbar results are included below.

These were questions asked by someone helping me in the microsoft community answers site.

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1a. Approx Jan 2013

1b. Did the computer come with Win8 (or Win8.1) preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win8 (or Win8.1), or did you upgrade a (e.g., Win7) computer to Win8?

1c. Assuming you started with Win8 => When (approx. date) was Win8.1 installed?

1d. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; Sony; HP; Acer; Lenovo)?

1e. Has Win10 ever been installed?

2. In Windows Explorer [WinKey+E], navigate to & right-click on:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Avast Software <=this folder

Select PROPERTIES: What's the CREATED date displayed on the resulting GENERAL tab?

3. When & why was MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) installed? Is it the MBAM Premium 30-day free-trial or MBAM Free? Has MBAM ever detected & quarantined anything since it's been installed?

4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?(Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

6a. Is KB3139929, KB3140735, KB3138910 & KB3138962, KB3137513, KB3139940, KB3139914, KB3139398, and/or KB3139852 listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [1]

6b. How about KB3138615, KB3123862, KB3035583, KB2976978 and/or KB3044374?

7a. What Update Version & KB number are displayed in the second line of text in IE11's Help | About [Alt+H+A] tab; e.g.,Update Version: 11.0.54 (KB1231231) ?

7b. Is Firefox version 45.x (or higher) and/or Google Chrome version 49.0.2623.87 (or higher) or any other alternate browser installed?

8. Is Adobe Flash Player v21.0.0.182 installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY! =>http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Example of the Version Info box on that page

(disregard the table below the Version Info box)

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; Glary Utilities; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component)?

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

I have since backed up my files, reset the windows 8.1 (to windows 8), checked with MSRT and Total Virus via autoruns. No issues found, so I upgraded to Windows 8.1, ran MRST, no issues found. I then added my Google Drive and the USB drive that was used for the backup, both of which I scanned with the McAfee Internet Security trial that came with the reset. McAfee heuristic found a possible trojan file with my google drive so I allowed it to quarantine. I have done an MSRT scan and found errors in the mrt.log. I tried another scan while connected to the internet, thinking it was possible server issue and noted 2 infected files were detected during the scan.

• 2 months later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!