mmezquita

Anti-Ransomware Protection is disabled

Hi All, I just downloaded and installed the Beta version of Anti-Ransomware, but it does not activate.

What should I do?

Please help.

Hello mmezquita and :welcome:

Please create the following zipped archives for developer team analysis:

Create a zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply and then do a conventional Windows uninstall & reinstall of Beta5, MBARW 0.9.14.361 and include the status of the system's issue in your next reply.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

I created the files and attached them to this post.

I had to remove mbam-setup.exe from the directory because it is to big to be uploaded. After doing so, I could not upload mbam-setup because the server responded error -200.

Next, I installed Ransomeware again.

At the beginning it said: "There was a problem activating your Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomeware BETA. If you continue...".

Later on it displays a message: Antiransomeware Protection is disabled.

Please, let me know if you need me to do anything else.

Best regards!!!

MBAMSERVICE.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.zip

Hello mmezquita:

Unfortunately the attached logs have a problem in that one is empty and the other is for the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) product. While you check into that issue, perhaps you could relate exactly what is returned if any browser, on that system, is connected to mwbsys.com

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

Hi,

I am uploading again the log from the route C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs. In that route there is only that file.

Do you want me to copy any other file from any other directory?

Regarding the web link, it shows OK.

Regards!!!

Hello mmezquita:

Excellent!

Within that W7SP1x64 system, a 3rd party security application may require the following file exclusion entry so as to be regarded as Trusted:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe

Because they are already perfectly compatible, that 3rd party security application will not be Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)

Thank you.

I am having the same problem.  It didn't manifest itself for some number of days and when the problem began to appear I found that reclicking on the start protection might enable the program to run.  But then that stopped working.  Next I uninstalled the program and reinstalled.  That worked.  But after several days the original problem reappeared.  I repeated the uninstall and reinstall; but now it won't work at all.  I am attaching the two files noted in the above message.  Thanks!

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware - Copy.zip

MBAMSERVICE.zip

Hello @Greystone and :welcome:

It is disappointing to read your testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.

The same is true for solutions. Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.

Development Team Members, Staffers and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

Just trying to go one step further, I uninstalled both, deactivated the antivirus and installed it again Antiransomeware alone. No luck.

Therefore, I will patiently wait for you to tell me what should I do next. :)

Regards!!!

Edited by mmezquita

Hello mmezquita:

The answer likely lies within my last post.

It is strongly suspected an unknown, 3rd party, security application is blocking C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe because the browser test did prove the system has otherwise unimpeded access to the required domain.

A similar unimpeded path must now be permitted for C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Ransomware\MBAMService.exe.

One of the system's installed security applications (not MBAM), requires an entry that allows the above executable to be a Trusted application.

Thank you.