[SOLVED] Annoying message when I moved into the forum !

I just noticed that the forum is being upgraded to the latest version of the " Forum Software " but with a bunch of issues if I am right ! :( so here what I get > first off when I just login here and go to post a topic or when I moved into the forum then a pop-up message coming up to tell my " Would you like to receive notifications from this site ? this is so Annoying yo :mellow: which make my unhappy !

,_923.png

The new IPS Community Suite supports web browser Notifications. This is simply giving you the option to enable them. This is expected behavior for any web site that supports web browser notifications. So select the experience you want and you should be golden.

Since you wanted to know more about this, here is what Firefox/Mozilla says about the Notification API

24 minutes ago, daledoc1 said:

Firefox > options > content > notifications > "do not disturb me".

that’s isn’t really help because Firefox is auto untick it that option when I check mark it anyway with a browser restart !

22 minutes ago, John L. Galt said:

If you click the drop down arrow to the right of the text, it gives you the options you can select.  Pick whatever you want to use.

It is entirely your choice.

will try that !

16 minutes ago, AlexSmith said:

Since you wanted to know more about this, here is what Firefox/Mozilla says about the Notification API

thx for link info !

14 minutes ago, mrdodrop said:

that’s isn’t really help because Firefox is auto untick it that option when I check mark it anyway with a browser restart !

will try that !

thx for link info !

Sorry, but I don't write the code for Mozilla Firefox.

Yes, it is un-ticked by default.
Yes, AFAIK you need to re-tick that box with each new browser session.

I merely showed you how to do disable the notifications, given the way that Firefox works.
The links that @AlexSmith provided explain more about it.

Cheers,

• celee changed the title to [SOLVED] Annoying message when I moved into the forum !
  • AdvancedSetup locked this topic