false positive with incorrect behavior

DigDug

hi, just to let you know I received a pop up notice  RANSOMWARE DETECTED along with the notice that 'anti-logger' was being quarantined

however when I opened the main MBAR screen and went to quarantine nothing was shown, Zemana Anti-Logger was still running and was not moved anywhere (this would be a false positive)

It has not detected anti-logger again for several days and they continue to run side by side - so curious how it would see anti-logger as ransomware one day and not see it again for many days - there are ZERO exclusions in my list

I did not see any log files indicated in the MBAR app to try to see what may have happened

as a side issue I have frequently found MBAR in 'not protected' 'your system is at risk' state even w/o a restart and only after I've opened the MBAR screen from the taskbar so no notice was given that it wasn't functional-no change in icon color in the system tray etc!! - I presume the service is stopping or something on it's own

So far no conflicts or other issues that I can see after many days of use - hope the feed back is helpful

Hello DigDug and :welcome:

FYI: When you make reference to MBAR in this forum, that's Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit Beta Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA here. But not to worry...

Please carefully read the locked and pinned topic in this sub-forum, How to report a False Positive and for developer analysis, kindly attach the 3 requested .zip archives to your next reply in this thread.

A temporary exclusion entry might then be made available to prevent a re-occurrence for your individual system.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.