[SOLVED] Display lag: online list, forums (refresh interval?)

the lag in terms I know, but It's better than nothing and must say that.  And the lag is not always the same during the day, I noticed that too.   

Invision needs to change that caching for performance,

I suggest that the two conditions be tested for comparison..

"cached for performance" and tested real-time, no caching.

We do need both "Recent Topics" and "Who is online".  However the caching concept needs to be tested to verify if it is really required or not.

Yes:

1) please leave it in place - it is better than nothing for those of us who work, not just lurk; custom streams are a clumsy PITB "workaround" that do not accomplish the same thing.

2) please rename to "New Topics" or "Recent Topics", to reduce confusion.

3) please explain why the caching/delay/lag is a necessity in v4.x, where it was NOT a problem in v3.x?

4) {{cosmetically, suggest placing the blue banner in some sort of alignment with other elements on the page -- right now, it is floating randomly}}

Thanks (from the Topic Starter),

@daledoc1  you got points, I'm with you,  and point 2 is a good one, I was thinking the same, that one is confusing indeed.  Hope that's possible.

If they can make it in a line, hope so since it  is a widget, I think it will stay float like this ( point 4 ) 

Just asking, but is there any chance at all that IPS can make this a per user configuration?  That feed is a waste of my time and real estate, and I am not just lurking, I answer threads.

If not, then fine.  But I already have 2 inches of wasted real estate on either side of the actual forum content, and the white background kills my eyes, particularly later at night even with f.lux installed (See https://justgetflux.com/ for more info)

• Administrators
1 minute ago, John L. Galt said:

Just asking, but is there any chance at all that IPS can make this a per user configuration?  That feed is a waste of my time and real estate, and I am not just lurking, I answer threads.

If not, then fine.  But I already have 2 inches of wasted real estate on either side of the actual forum content, and the white background kills my eyes, particularly later at night even with f.lux installed (See https://justgetflux.com/ for more info)

It's all or nothing. We're asking for the community to vote (thx for your vote!) here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/181430-topics-and-posts-widgets/

• celee changed the title to [SOLVED] Display lag: online list, forums (refresh interval?)
  • celee locked this topic