Two False Positives

TrunkMonkey

I have had two false positives since installing the Beta version.

Cleanup.exe & OfficeClickToRun.exe

In both instances the files were blocked but NOT placed in the quarantine folder. I was able to add them to the exclusion folder and they are working ok now.

I have read your "How to report a False Positive" posting however there is not a "C:\ProgramData\... folder on my computer.

Need a little help here.

Hello TrunkMonkey and :welcome:

Where unhiding is undesired, the following procedure will permit access to folders and files that are in their system's default "hidden" state:

1. Hold down the Windows Key WindowsKey.png + Press "R". If successful, a Run window will open.
  2. Type or Copy and Paste the following in the Open: textbox: "%ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware" (Please include the quotes).
  3. If the last step was successful, an explorer window will be seen containing files. Please highlight all files in this directory by typing Ctrl + A.
  4. With all files selected, right-click any file and click "Send to" >> "Compressed (zipped) folder". The .zip file should be sent to the desktop.
  5. If successful, a new zip file will have been created on the desktop. Please rename this file MBARWFILES.
  6. Repeat step #1.
  7. Type or Copy and Paste the following in the Open: textbox: "%ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs" (Please include the quotes).
  8. If the last step was successful, an explorer window will be seen containing files. Please highlight all files in this directory by typing Ctrl + A.
  9. With all files selected, right-click any file and click "Send to" >> "Compressed (zipped) folder". The .zip file should be sent to the desktop.
  10. If successful, a new zip file will have been created on the desktop. Please rename this file Logs.
  11. Please attach the MBARWFILES.zip and Logs.zip archives to this thread with your next reply.
  12. Upon verification that the archives in question have successfully appeared in your forum topic, the MBARWFILES.zip and Logs.zip archives may be deleted from your system.

Thank you for participating in the beta testing of MBARW and your valued feedback.