ransomware-petya-encrypts-hard-drives

CeeBee

1. Not 100% sure.  Suffice it to say, though, that MBAE product is not specifically geared toward handling ransomware, so more than likely it will not.  Seefor more information on the scope of the product, and see this thread for the rest of the FAQs: 
  2. For more info, please see The blog post:  https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/2016/01/introducing-the-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware-beta/
  3. For an answer this this, please see

Finally, if you plan on grabbing the current βeta of MBARW, please be sure to thoroughly read and understand the following post:

HTH :)

John, many thanks.  I'll stand by and see what's happens with the anti-ransomware-beta.  If it turns out that this package relies on updates/downloads, maybe better it's packaged with MBAM rather than MBAE (which has a very small footprint/overhead) .. even though my 1st reaction would be to combine AE and ARW.

As for MBAE, I'm using it on 3 computers for almost a year and like it.  If it works, hope so .. never had any mayor issues pop up.  I run it together with HitmanPro.Alert 2.6.5.77 (free) without any conflicts.  :D