Purchasing info

Hi All, ive been a long time user of the Malwarebytes free version for 7 years and as I take my online security seriously I recently decided to purchase your Malwarebytes Premium from your main website, and I was surprised to see that my full address and postcode are required  even though I am paying using PayPal as the financial medium. I have recently had info held by Talk Talk stolen and am concerned about sensitive info unnecessarily held by online companies I was wondering why they need this info, its request has certainly put me off purchasing.  Thanks for any help.

There are several ways available for you to purchase thru Cleverbridge.  PLUS you can do start  the Upgrade process directly from the program itself.  Click the green Upgrade now button off the top bar.

No human sees your credit card ( paypal ) numbers.

and as I said, you can elect to pay ( thru Cleverbridge) my money order, check, wire transfer too, or by getting in touch directly with Cleverbridge.

Hi:

Until Maurice returns, I expect there are at least 2 reasons:

• There needs to be sufficient information to be able associate the LICENSE you are purchasing with YOU (not someone else with your name - what if there were 2 people named "John Smith" and no other information to sort who was who?).
  • To help to reduce piracy and other illegal activities (such as scammers who buy software licenses and then illegally resell them).

If you're that concerned about it, I think you can purchase MBAM on a boxed CD at a brick-and-mortar store and pay cash.

Or buy it from an AUTHORIZED, OFFICIAL online reseller, in which case only the seller will have your information. 

Either way, be sure to keep a paper trail, as the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge will have no record of the purchase and no means to sort out licensing issues down the line.

Maurice will likely have additional info.

HTH,

• Staff

A few other reasons as well.....

• For international users, our software may not be legally available due to rules pertaining to use of cryptographic code
  • The most common reason is that there are many states, counties and cities that can each impose taxes on purchases made.  Malwarebytes has to pay those taxes, and to make sure that we're not costing ourselves money by overgeneralizing, we ask customers exactly where they live so that we can charge the correct tax amount. (I just made a major purchase and was looking over the guy's shoulder while he went through a list of all the cities in my county that charge an additional tax.  In California, there is also variation on taxes charge by most counties).

My State/ County/city tax is 8.3% if I go to Denver County it is 2.7 % (the state tax) the only time I purchased something there.

Wonderful places we live !!!

Still waiting to see what Amazon is going to do.

I don't remember an on line purchase that did not want address information.

5 minutes ago, KenW said:

Still waiting to see what Amazon is going to do.

I don't remember an on line purchase that did not want address information.

Umm, yes, of course.

I did not in any way suggest that Amazon would not want address info. They have to know where to send the drone.:D

My point was that AMAZON would collect the info, NOT the MALWAREBYTES STORE, as it is the latter with which the OP seems to have an issue?

Unless the OP pays cash for a boxed CD at a brick/mortar, I think someone somewhere will be collecting something, no???:unsure:

Besides the VAT issue that Gonzo mentioned, I believe why the purchase process online asks for address, is so that credit card purchase are verified to help against fraud.

( hey, when we buy stuff online, say like Amazon or Target  ( you name it) , at one time or another, we need to put in our address.)

As DD mentioned, you can get the program at retail stores.