gstatic is NOT a false positive

KerryNY

I think blocking *.gstatic.com is NOT just a false positive. I ran every other scanner I have, and eliminated a PUM and a PUP, and then the Malwarebytes blocking messages stopped. Here is what was removed:

PUP                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software|Description
PUM.StartMenu    HKEY_USERS\... \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced|Start_TrackProgs

I'm sure Malwarebytes will have a fix in the next database update or two, so I won't mention which program found these.

46 minutes ago, CristianCP said:

So you're saying that Google's server gstatic itself spreads PUPs ? I don't think so. Maybe it was a coincidence for you.

No, I am not saying anything of the sort. I am saying that those two entries were quarantined, and the problem stopped immediately. I could restore them to test, but I see no reason to. (I did check before posting to make sure that there was no Malwarebytes update that might have fixed the problem in the meantime)

13 minutes ago, John L. Galt said:

Hi, @KerryNY, and :welcome:

MBAM Staffer Maurice Naggar confirmed it was a False Positive.

Those entries quarantined should now not cause the issue.

Hmm... I had that update already, but maybe it took a restart to stop the problem?  Well, either way, if the problem is solved for everyone, I am glad. :)