[SOLVED] Cannot respond to topic

Hi,

A new user has inadvertently created a topic in the MB News section reporting a FP for the MBARW βeta, but there is no dialog for me to respond and direct him to the correct place.

Is this because the topic is already being replied to (doubt it as I have replied to other topics that someone else is also replying to), or is it because the topic is in the process of being moved by an admin, or do I simply not have rights to respond in that sub-forum (and if so, how does a new member have posting rights in there?)

See

It may have been because he posted in an ANNOUNCEMENTS section, which would likely have a different setup than other forums.  I moved it to MBARW BETA forum (where it belonged in the first place).  Try now...unless you were going to tell them to do what I just got done doing. :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, John L. Galt said:

Lol - that is exactly what I was going to do.  I was just surprised, though, that replies are restricted in that section, but posting is not....

Thanks for moving it :)

Please keep letting us know if you see permission issues. We're going to be reviewing all at some point in the near future.

There are others.

A likely spammer, forum noob, regular member posted a new post in the NEWS section yesterday. That is normally off-limits to all but Admins and perhaps Mods?

This has been reported in the appropriate private forum and the user's profile and (hidden) content are accessible to the forum Admins.

• celee changed the title to [SOLVED] Cannot respond to topic
  • celee locked this topic