Blocking gstatic.com

Tayls

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Running now every 10-15 seconds I get the popup "Malicious Website Blocked..." varies between various sites ending in gstatic.com.

After running mbam 2.2.1.1043 nothing adverse detected, so looked on line and found numerous links saying it was spyware - execept - these all link back to web sites promoting "Spyhunter 4" -  a MBAM competitor of dubious integrity. So still none the wiser - can anyone from MBAM give us the answer?
THANKS

I just installed the newest version of Chrome, ran Malwarebytes & Norton which didn't find anything. It seems to have stopped now. Just started popping up this morning with Malwarebytes alerts every 5 seconds or so, Drove me batty.

I've ran a CMD netstat scan for IP(s) that may be inboxing me, you prob did the same. its going crazy with odd IPs!! and I think their taunting since some of them have the title "could be any of 244.com" ssl.gstatics is reported as a method to help bandwidths for clients but in many more links its classified as a hijack method that spams ADs Sites and what not. successfully 95% of people removed it with Spyhunter4 an anti-spyware. 

with the spam of IPs its rhetorical that this ssl.gstatics is a threat to your security, faster connections on google or not, its not safe. since its being blocked its yet to enter your PC using the Google.exe that launches google. so I doubt Spyhunter4 will remove something yet to be allocated on your virtual memory. maybe its relevant to those who have had the infection, but that would mean that it would spam back again since some server out there has to have your IP to trace and spam you.

Edited by LethalBacon

It started happening to me this morning. I decided to do a Malwarebytes scan and it quit. I hope it stays away. When you look it up on the internet you find everything that says it's a virus attached to your browser. Hope we get something official from MB.