PM Menu Options Missing

In a PM the options do not match like when posting a new topic.  If I wanted to highlight something in a PM by changing the font size or color I can't unless I hard code the color or go draft it someplace else and then copy and paste...

Shouldn't have to cheat to get things done....

pm-options.jpg

Here is the situation and it is based on the crapware from Invision with this lousy editor.

Here is the problem.  The software fails to scale and it lacks proportionality with fixed areas.  THAT IS NOT GOOD !

This lack of adaptability then creates functionality and usability issues based upon your screen resolution and browser resolution.

It should proportion itself based upon the Browser view and it doesn't.  I am on my desktop ( with presently 2 monitors but I can connect at least four ) and my main monitor is 1920x1080.

I can Zoom-In and Zoom-Out in Firefox using the "Ctrl" key and the mouse Wheel.

If I make Firefox to be in a Window of reduced size I get the toolbar functions being dropped!  When I increase the width of the Firefox Window the editor goes back to the full size and then stops expanding and there is wasted space on the left and wasted space on the right.

What should happen is the scale should decrease so the toolbar items get smaller or the toolbar should wrap its functions to a new line or the browser should provide a Horizontal Scroll bar.

When I play in a Simple Machine's editor and I made Firefox a Window and reduce the Windows' width it starts to scale the editor, wrap the toolbar and then provides a Horizontal Scroll bar so the Editor has the same functions and capabilities.

Here is the Simple Machines full view editor...

Image11.jpg

Now here is the same editor when I make Firefox a Windows and I decrease the width.

Image12.jpg

Notice how all the same editor functions are there but the editor toolbar has wrapped and I have a horizontal scroll bar!

This crapware that was foisted on Malwarebytes has a fixed diameter edit box.  When you give the Browser enough width you get a full toolbar and wasted space on the sides.  If I make the Browser into a a Window and decrease the width I get a decreased toolbar capability, no wrapping of the toolbar items and no horizontal scroll bar.

Frankly it has been a week of dealing with a VERY CRAPPY software.  I am tired of it.  I see friends jumping ship and and other fallout all because of this LOUSY SOFTWARE.

I also see too many cooks now spoiling the stew as one of my favourite guitarists sang...

I wonder how many man-hours are spent and have been WASTED on just dealing with this crappy Forum Software !

3 hours ago, David H. Lipman said:

I wonder how many man-hours are spent and have been WASTED on just dealing with this crappy Forum Software !

Probably no less than the number of man hours spent with an expensive AM suite that gets broken and proceeds to hose the user's system.

The drop for BBCode alone, IMO, is reason enough to move the forums to another system that is a lot more flexible and extensible.  But I don't make the decisions when it comes ot spending money around here, so....

Well on my Acer AL2216W monitor running at 1680X1050 I can have my zoom set to 110% and see the menu options...  But the dam writing is small...

Scaling needs to be fixed/implemented... no saying I am vision impaired but I am sure that is affecting some as well..