ffgerol

activation failed after some installations

Hello, i had to install MBARW on a couple of PCs here in the house. The first installations yesterday went well. Today only the first two or three, then i had to repeat the installation on two or three, the last attempts failed inspite of many attempts. Is it possible that if failed due to the same IP? I looked in several LicenseConfig.json's of the failed installations; the items are differently incompletely filled. Tomorrow i will try again. Best regards Gerhard

Hello ffgerol and :welcome:

After your next try, please create the following archives for developer team analysis if activation was unsuccessful:

Create a ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply and then do a conventional Windows uninstall & reinstall of Beta5, MBARW 0.9.14.361 and include the status of the system's issue in your next reply.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Hello, today i installed MBARW on several PCs and nearly all went fine. Only on one PC the activation failed in the first instance, then i realized an inauspicious inhouse proxy setting regarding gateway and dns-server. After altering this to direct router access the activation was no problem. Maybe an accident, but i don't think so. Thank you for this program.

Gerhard

Hello ffgerol:

Thank you for the good news update.

Procedure described below is consistently and repeatedly unable to activate the product on new laptop after installing from latest downloaded installer and entering the correct lifetime licence ID and Key.
Installed product keeps insisting it is a Trial version and is now about to expire. Advice requested!
I have tried to email Support but the email page seems broken (that was using Firefox). I am posting this using IE-x64 (Win10).

----------------------------
To activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium:
    Click Activate located at the top right of the application. If you can't find Activate, you have already registered the product.
    Copy and paste the Key into the Key box
    If you also have an ID, please click on "I also have an ID..."
    Copy and paste the ID from the e-mail into the ID box
    Click Activate

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now enable all Premium features and automatically enable the real-time protection module.

Thanks in advance.

Hallo Slartibartfarst,

i think you are wrong here, because the subject here is the free beta version of the special anti-ramsomware guard. The mentioned activation is executed automatically by the setup program and requires no user input.

@Slartibartfarst - The product that you're referring to is a licensed product, Anti-Malware.  This forum is for the Anti-Ransomware βeta test.

With issues with licensing and such, since you already have tried emailing support but it is not working in Firefox for you, use IE, or any other browser if you have to, and use hte link for https://support.malwarebytes.org/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

In order to contact support to help with your license issues.

Alternatively, you could also See this topic on how to cleanly reinstall Anti-Malware on your system,  at which point you should be able to enter your licensing info.

I got a failed installation.  I tried again - it failed again.  I tried to create a Winrar file but it said "access denied."  I uninstalled and installed to another location (not in Program Files) and it activated fine.

This is just a FYI

Hello Tambourineman and :welcome:

Some good data may still be available from the first attempt.  Please create the following zipped archives for MBARW developer team analysis:

Create a .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another .zip archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.  Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valuable feedback.

Hi 1PW,

Per my OP I tried to create a WinRAR file originally for the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware directory but got an "access denied" error.  But I think I was trying to create one for the Program files sub-directory rather than the programdata one because now when I went back to try to do the log again per your request I initially could not find the programdata directory as I did not have show hidden files enabled.  I have created one now but that might now be for the successful installation.  I could not create a zip for the logs directory as I got this error: 

!   C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs.rar: Cannot open C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\MBAMSERVICE.LOG
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I tried stopping MBARW protection and still got the above error.  However, the log directory is in the WinRAR file I am sending, plus I am attached the log file itself rather than a zip.

I hope this helps.

Malwarebytes.rar

MBAMSERVICE.LOG