Protection disabled ar system start, Fix and Start not functioning

MyLittleB

When I started my laptop today the MBARW status message said protection was disabled. I clicked on the red Fix Now button and it did nothing. I then tried clicking on the start protection button, same thing, I did a restart and the status message was system fully protected.

A while later I did a full shutdown and also unplugged my laptop. When starting my laptop again later in the day (hard boot), the same thing happened. Did a restart, protection was running. For the heck of it, I clicked on the stop protection button just to see if the button worked. It did, protection stopped, displayed the system at risk message as it should. However, once again, clicking on either the red fix now button or the start protection button did nothing as neither button was functioning.

I will now uninstall and do a clean install using a fresh copy and see if the issue occurs again. Created and attached .zip archives of the logs from ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs and  ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

Hello MyLittleB and welcome:

You are quite accurately following the precise procedure that would be recommended for your report.

Your status update will be interesting to all.

Thank you for your participation and great feedback!

11 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello MyLittleB and welcome:

You are quite accurately following the precise procedure that would be recommended for your report.

Your status update will be interesting to all.

Thank you for your participation and great feedback!

Thank you!

So far everything is working fine since re-installing. Protection successfully started on system start and buttons are functioning. Tested the button functionality after using the system a while including web activity  I was able to stop protection and restart by clicking on the start protection button. Stopped protection again after a few minutes then clicked on the red fix now button and protection restarted.

Will update if the issue reappears.