TotalCollin

JRT removes program files for Sage 50 Canadian 2016 edition

I have been having an issue with JRT removing required system files for Sage50 and Simply Accounting Canadian Edition on windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. I haven't found any support documents on this issue yet though.

I have tried this on several machines to the same effect. Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Hi TotalCollin,

Looking into this (will have to install the software). Will get back to you when I can.

Hi TotalCollin,

I'm having some trouble installing the software. Can you provide a log from JRT (JRT.txt on desktop) or tell me which folders / registry keys are being deleted?

Thanks

Hi,

Had a chance to look into this today and so far have been unable to reproduce this detection. Will update if I find the cause. If you can, can you give me an idea of the contents of this folder? Maybe there's a file in there that is triggering the detection.

One way to do this is via command prompt (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) by runing this command: dir /b/s "%programfiles(x86)%\Sage 50 Pro Accounting Version 2016 - Trial Version">"%userprofile%\desktop\contents.txt"

Then either PM me or attach the contents of the contents.txt file that's now on your desktop.

Thanks

EDIT: Found the issue. Thanks for reporting.

Edited by thisisu

@thisisu

Hi, in 8.1.3 we have this same issue again. With Sage50 2017 Accounting software, its deleted the whole "Program File" directory.

Can you pre-whitelist all the Sage 50 Program Files folder so this will not happen for the futures 2018, 2019 etc.. versions.

Thanks !

Edited by Netlantique

@thisisu

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.3 (04.10.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64 
Ran by Utilisateur (Administrator) on 2017-04-18 at 15:26:21.08

File System: 1 

Successfully deleted: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage 50 Comptabilit‚ Sup‚rieur Version 2017 (Folder)

Registry: 0 

Scan was completed on 2017-04-18 at 15:29:37.05
End of JRT log

The real path should be like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage 50 Comptabilité Supérieur Version 2017 (Folder)

(Its the french version)

Thanks !

Edited by Netlantique