Office 2016 update problems

Kaim

Hello Kaim and :welcome:

Reference: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/70c1f60a82b7da018582c4828b83d7dcd2e4a66dad2ea05d62282aa64f835f5a/analysis/

Presently available data points to a false positive, and therefor you could consider temporarily entering the following in MBARW GUI Dashboard -> Exclusions:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\Updates\16.0.6741.2017\OfficeClickToRun.exe

If you require restoration assistance with any deleted Microsoft Office files, please advise. Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2016 at 1:39 PM, 1PW said:

Hello Kaim and :welcome:

Reference: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/70c1f60a82b7da018582c4828b83d7dcd2e4a66dad2ea05d62282aa64f835f5a/analysis/

Presently available data points to a false positive, and therefor you could consider temporarily entering the following in MBARW GUI Dashboard -> Exclusions:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\Updates\16.0.6741.2017\OfficeClickToRun.exe

If you require restoration assistance with any deleted Microsoft Office files, please advise. Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

I didn't come here after running into the same problem today on a PC that had been offline for a couple of weeks.

I just disabled the app from MWB Anti-Ransomware protection and tried to run the updater. It "seemed" to eventually run fine -- but when it was "done" all of my Office 2016 64-bit applications were gone.

I ended up removing all traces of office (CCleaner) and then installing clean.

Then I re-enabled the MWB Anti-Ransomware software.

Not a great solution since it required a bunch of time to fix things.

Brian

Hello CaptainBuzz44 and :welcome:

It would have been best to come here first. We could have helped and supplied easier solutions.

It's great though that you're back up. The upgrade from Beta5 to Beta6 (v0.9.15.416) should go a long way to resolve lingering issues.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.