Recurring problem (premium) "not protected"

Hi,

as a long time MBAM premium user I now have the recurring problem that MBAM reports that I have "no protection".  As I found in the forum I reinstalled MBAM and the problem was gone, but after the next restart of the computer the problem reappears. Any suggestions?

My OS = Windows 10 Pro with latest updates applied.

My basic AV = BitDefender Free

TIA,

Arie

Dear ArievW,

I have experienced similar problems in the past. What worked for me was to use an account with administrator rights when installing MBAM (or adding sheduled scans). My normal approach, using a standard user account and using 'run as administrator', gives these kinds of problems.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,
Durew

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first.... (Run these steps while logged into an admin account as mentioned by @Durew

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.0 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes. Thank You, Firefox

Hi, I told you I reinstalled MBAM already and I had restarted a few times. Yesterday the problem was still there.

Today I wanted to follow up on your tips, but the problem has disappeared suddenly!

Of course I am happy that it is gone, but I am baffled why.

Still many thanks for the answers! Maybe I need them in the future.

Best regards,

Arie

Great that the issue is not gone... Glad to hear that.

I understand that you mentioned that you had re-installed already, what was not mentioned if you preformed a Clean  Reinstall as per my instructions. Some folks just install right over the top of the existing version having the issues so that usually does not resolve the issue, hence why I provided those instructions.

Either way glad its fixed.  What can you say, 1's and 0's....