Scans never find anything

I have malwarebytes premium on my machine, and use Kaspersky antivirus software.  Neither ever find anything.  That does not seem normal to me.  They don't find any problems of any kind.  THe Kaspersky does not like that I use mozilla thunderbird for email.

Is this normal?  If not, what can I do to get them to work better.

Any direction will be appreciated.

Thats probably a good thing. It means your not surfing dangerously or know how to avoid malware. Why would you want to find problems if their not there ? Both softs are excellent programs, if something is there they'll find it. Keep them updated and you should have no problems.

Look at it this way, you have an airbag in your car, if it never goes off is that a bad thing? Nope, its just there when you need it.

Thank you for the response.  I appreciate your reply.  That is what I have been hoping, this has been going on for several months, but in the past I have used Norton, and the free malwarebytes version, and they always find a few minor things labeled spyware or something.  Is it common to find nothing every time?  If so, I guess I am glad not to have to use my airbag!!  Thanks again.

There is probably no real definition of commonality when it comes to malware scanning.  Many users don't have but the most basic protection, and start upgrading their protection only when a threat is initially found on their system.  Others, like myself and many of the experts here, have run a much tighter ship when it comes to security for a very long time.  Even some of us have software on our machines that MBAM may deem as Potentially unwanted (PUP), but that we actually use on a regular basis because of the work that we do.

The best way to look at it is this:  If you are not finding any problems, and all of your security programs are working fine, i.e. not throwing up errors or showing failed protection, then you can be reasonably sure that you are in good shape (or, rather, your machine is).  There are additional scanners, particularly online and offline scanners that you can use to spot check, including one built right into MBAM Premium, the Hyperscan, and one offered from Kaspersky as well from their website, as well as other companies, such as Symantec, Microsoft, and others.  You could always perform a spot check like that on your system if you would like peace of mind, but know that if your 'airbag' were to malfunction, in case of either program you have installed, you'd know it rather quickly.