How to set MBARW task bar Icon to minimize at system startup

owcraftsman

Every time I start my PC I have a tray icon and task bar icon running for MBARW. I have no need for both and would prefer an option to have it minimize to the tray only instead of having to close the program dialog  and let the app run in the background. Fortunately the splash screen is minimized at start as is MBAE & MBAM but the latter two don't have the annoying task bar icon problem.

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 pro Intel based and have Norton IS too

5 hours ago, owcraftsman said:

Every time I start my PC I have a tray icon and task bar icon running for MBARW.

This is by design for this early edition of MBARW Beta5. The developers encourage you to open the MBARW GUI and verify the status. All of what you see now will go away after testing MBARW's core technology has successfully concluded and MBARW is retired.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your feedback.

You can disable startup in the taskmanager. Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware run as a service "MB3Service". By my tests, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware remove the locky.exe without the started GUI. But i not receive a message about the found or a request to reboot.

2 hours ago, owcraftsman said:

@1PWYou are welcome. By "retired" does that mean it will move to your core component (MBAM)[sic] and no longer be a stand alone product or retired from beta and become a release candidate.

By retired, I mean cease to exist as a standalone application. As I posted above, once the testing of the core technology of MBARW has met its goals, that technology will be rolled into Malwarebytes' other existing products. When that has happened, the MBARW Beta testing program will end. Please let me know if you need additional clarification.

Thank you.

@1PW Perfect that is exactly the outcome I was hoping for. Thanks again!

@ScS Disabling through Task Manager means you have to manually start the program after a restart. I want it running at start but minimized to the system tray like so many other programs do. Not sure what or where locky.exe is found or for but no matter as this app is temporary and a minor annoyance in the mean time. Drilling through the program files it would appear there is quit a bit more to this program than what we are seeing right now and I'm happy to be part of the beta. The good news is it's 64 bit which is heading in the right direction. Here's hoping for a successful conclusion.