Purchasing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

Make sure that you order the BRAND NEW VERSION just released this morning!!!!

We’re happy to announce that our latest MBAM patch release, MBAM 2.2.1.1043, was released today.   

You may download MBAM 2.2.1.1043 from this link.

I just installed it over my old version and it has MANY great new features.

No much to do with set-up, EXCEPT you have to go to scheduling and set up your database update starting time and the frequency - I have mine set hourly and the Threat Scan set for starting time and every two hours.

Piece of cake!!!

Enjoy!

Richard

Hello and Welcome!

When you purchase your subscription for Malwarebytes, you will be sent an email confirmation with instructions for downloading and installing Malwarebytes, including your licencse information.

BTW, when you purchase it will not ask you want version number you are buying, it will only display/state Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium on the page.  Once you recieve your email confirmation, when you go to download it will download the latest version.

5 hours ago, rwharold said:

I have mine set hourly and the Threat Scan set for starting time and every two hours.

OVERKILL and scanning your computer that often puts an unnecessary strain on your drive which lessens drive life.

The  default daily scan and hourly update is plenty.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

OVERKILL and scanning your computer that often puts an unnecessary strain on your drive which lessens drive life.

The  default daily scan and hourly update is plenty.

Porthos,

Since you are more knowledgeable than myself, I have just changed both scan and threat updates to just daily.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Richard

5 hours ago, rwharold said:

the frequency - I have mine set hourly and the Threat Scan set for starting time and every two hours.

As they already mentioned above, that is OVERKILL, also one thing to concider with having it set that way, think about the wear and tear on your hard drive with scanning so many times a day.....

Defaults are more than plenty like mentioned by @Porthos or even the settings that @John L. Galt mentioned would work.

18 minutes ago, nov1 said:

I currently have the program installed which has just finished the trial period. Shall I remove this before installing the latest version?

Thanks.

No all you have to do is activate it and it becomes the Premium version, also you can install updates right over the top of the existing version to retain your settings.

I do updates hourly, have nothing set for scans. Do them maybe once a month or if I think I've ventured where I shouldn't have, which is extremely rare. Basically my thoughts are that MBAM is active protection so if its working whats the point of a scan? In the rare case it misses something my other protection should catch it. Haven't had a virus for years, just the odd PUP.