P_A

Problem: Roaming Profiles are loading as Temporary Profiles

Hello,

first of all I want to say thanks for making this great software available for free.

Now I want to give you some feedback.

We have installed the MBARW on the Windows 7 Clients in a corporate network (for testing purposes).

We had to uninstall it, because it caused some troubles. Now we want to share this feedback, so you guys can eventually improve this software.

The problem was: after installing the MBARW software and rebooting the client, the roaming profiles of the users (which are hosted on the company's Windows Small Business Server 2011) aren't loading anymore. They are loading as temporary profiles instead. This was verified, as this behaviour occurred on many clients (but not on all of them --> odd behaviour).

After uninstalling MBARW they started to load correctly again.

If you need any more information on this "bug" or if you have some informations for me on how to avoid the occurrence of this problem, please contact me.

Greetings from Germany,

Philipp A.

Hello P_A and :welcome:

The use of MBARW Beta has been highly discouraged from use in a production/enterprise/commercial/educational environments.

The intended purpose of the MBARW Beta program is to test the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware's core technology and resolve its issues before the beta testing period concludes. Then, only the core technology is rolled into existing Malwarebytes' products and the MBARW Beta program then retires.

As far as we are aware, no efforts were ever made to permit operation in environments such as what you describe. When MBARW's core technology has been rolled into Malwarebytes' business/enterprise products, no such issues as you have related, would be present.

Malwarebytes Corp.thanks you for your understanding and your ongoing interest in Malwarebytes products.

How do you know this?  What is your source of information concerning Malwarebytes plans and intentions for MBARW?  Do you work for Malwarebytes?

1 hour ago, 1PW said:

As far as we are aware, no efforts were ever made to permit operation in environments such as what you describe. When MBARW's core technology has been rolled into Malwarebytes' business/enterprise products, no such issues as you have related, would be present.

Malwarebytes Corp.thanks you for your understanding and your ongoing interest in Malwarebytes products.

How do you know this to be true?  What reasons do you have to suggest that simply incorporating MBARW into MBAM will prevent the issue OP described?

Hello NobodySpecial:

5 hours ago, NobodySpecial said:

How do you know this?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/178399-mbarw-not-work-in-windows-server-2008-2008-r2-and-2012/?do=findComment&comment=1017917

What is your source of information concerning Malwarebytes plans and intentions for MBARW?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/177751-introducing-malwarebytes-anti-ransomware/?do=findComment&comment=1015814

Do you work for Malwarebytes?

No. Since I was compelled to retire from a government career, I became a volunteer helper.

5 hours ago, NobodySpecial said:

How do you know this to be true?  What reasons do you have to suggest that simply incorporating MBARW into MBAM will prevent the issue OP described?

Hello NobodySpecial:

A clear distinction must be made between the Consumer version of MBAM and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business. IMHO, and non-authoritatively, MBARW will be modularized and become software modules in existing and select Malwarebytes products. We are fairly certain the first product to benefit from this new technology will be the Consumer version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

Any proposed Malwarebytes release product must have successfully gone through the Quality Assurance (QA) department/process. When the MBARW core technology is rolled into MBAM for Business, it too will need to have passed QA.

A Malwarebytes staffer will weigh-in and correct my errors. Please let me know if you require additional clarification. I genuinely hope this has helped you.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:04 PM, 1PW said:

We are fairly certain the first product to benefit from this new technology will be the Consumer version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

How do you know this?  I'm confused, when you say "we", are you indicating you are an authorized spokesperson for Malwarebytes?  I understood you to say you are not an employee of MB, so why try to appear so?

Hello NobodySpecial:

The many volunteer helpers in this forum work at the pleasure of @AdvancedSetup and the appropriate Malwarebytes staffers above the Forum Community Manager. Our posts are monitored such that inaccuracies are corrected/supplemented as appropriate. I am not an employee of Malwarebytes Corporation.

If you would like to cross-check and/or verify my posts for integrity, I recommend a Private Message (PM) to the Forum Manager as a point to start.

Thank you for your interest in the beta testing of MBARW and your valued feedback.

At this time the information provided by 1PW is correct. This is a beta product and is expected that issues will be found so that we can correct them before finalizing the product.

There can always be change of direction before final product launch but at this time we believe it will probably be incorporated into our main product MBAM.

@P_A  Thank you for the feedback.

Ron

It also broken all network service users profile on windows 7(mssql 2012 user, mssql 2014 user).

After i uninstall it, everything works fine.

@EmiD Please open your own new topic and post back logs from the program and work with us so that we can help figure out what's going on and try to fix it thank you.

Since the original poster has not been back to reply I'll go ahead and close this topic now.

Thanks