Constant Blue Screen after install

Darcanis

Love the idea and added protection is great so tried the beta program.  Problem is few min later blue screen with "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" error.  Then upon every reboot I would get this bluescreen before the computer finished loading the desktop.  Tried 10 times to load the computer and tried various disk checks and repairs only to find no issues.  Booted into safe mode and uninstalled the program and computer booted fine again.

OS: Windows 10 Build: 10.0.14279.1000 (rs1_release.160229-1700)

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Ver:  beta5 - build 0.9.14.361

Antivirus: Eset Smart Security 9 Ver: 9.0.349.0

When I look at the dump files each time using a dump analysis tool it lists:

em006_64.dat or eamonm.sys as the culprit.   Both related to Eset...

I'm guessing something in Eset does not like your program or vice a versa.

I have attached three of the mini dumps in a zip file if it helps. 

I love betas of new products, but this one definitely didn't like my computer.  I look forward to trying the next beta or full product when released.

minidump.zip

Hello Darcanis and :welcome:

Are you able to determine if the BSoDs go away if MBARW Beta5 is uninstalled? If you decide to try removing MBARW, it would be very valuable to the developers if you were to archive two directories per the following:

Create a ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply and then do a conventional Windows uninstall & reinstall of Beta5, MBARW 0.9.14.361 and include the status of the system's issue in your next reply.

Thank you for participating in the MBARW Beta program.

Actually I don't have Kaspersky installed.  I double checked and found that both Kaspersky and Eset both have a file by that name and both are keyboard filters.  In this case it's "ESET OPP Keyboard Filter".   I wonder if both products use the same file for that or just coincidence that they are named the same?

As for 1PW suggestion.. I already uninstalled the beta through safe mode as that was the only way I could fully boot the system.  I did notice that after I removed it I also had lost login info for Steam and Star Trek Online (maybe others too, but haven't tried them yet.) and a couple other programs ini files were overwritten with a file full of NULL NULL NULL NULL etc...   Also so far every program I have opened in Steam (just to see) wants to do a initial setup again of the application files??? Weird..

ARK: Survival Evolved decided to completely reinstall itself! lol  I was playing it on my ARK server just a hour before trying the beta...  Not sure why all that is going on, but only thing I did tonight was try the beta for less than 5 minutes before it blue screened me then numerous blue screen reboots until I removed it in safe mode.  

We'll see how many more unique changes happened over the next couple days and if that was all of them then I'll reinstall and make the new zip files of info when it happens again.

ARK finished installing and now it's reinstalling all the mods again... Weird... 

Hello Darcanis:

Please do reconsider creating the following archives for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
Create another ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.

Thank you.

No problem... I'll probably give the beta another try in a day or two.  I have some upgrades I am doing tomorrow (Another 16gb RAM, another 240gb SSD for gaming, bunch of other bits and pieces...) so might not get a chance tomorrow.  

Here is a zip of C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\   as the other folder no longer exists after I uninstalled the program.  There are three files in this folder:

mbarwind.arw

mbarwind-crash.arw

config

It's not much, but I'll get the rest after I reinstall over the weekend.  I'll probably have to make the zip in safe mode before removing again if same thing happens and I can't fully boot.  Either way, will probably be Saturday unless I have a chance tomorrow.

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Some things popped up and I didn't get a chance to try again until this week.  Since then there were about three Windows Fast Ring Updates so now running 14295 which said it fixed issues with some antivirus programs not working right.  None that I owned, but still might help.  Also Malwarebytes released a new beta which I downloaded and tried.  

So far in the past nearly three days I only had my computer freeze once and I am not sure what caused that as was playing ARK (still early release so can cause issues or crash when playing though normally doesn't) and listening to Youtube music.  Also I think windows tried to install an update in the background at that time when I looked at my logs, so could have been a bad combination somewhere.  Either way this new beta and windows build seem to like each other better.  No false positives yet either, but then I haven't tried installing anything yet.

I'll keep running it and report if anything weird happens.

Thanks!

Hello Darcanis:

Thank you for the good news report.  If you do notice any irregularity, involving MBARW Beta6, please gather and attach the same logs as were requested above.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.