Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

MBAE kills Internet Explorer and jams window

HAZORD

I'm running Windows 7 64bit on a Dell M6500 Precision WS, and Internet explorer.  I loaded up Beta MB Antiransomware and purchased Anti-exploit and loaded it.

I googled the cast for a movie and clicked on one of the stars to get info on that star which I have done many times in the past, and I get a warning that IE has stopped working.  I click on the X to get rid of the message, and it comes back repeatedly and locks up the window repeating the same thing.  I stopped the antirasomware with no effect.  I stopped the anti-exploit, and the problem went away.  I restarted the antirasomware and the problem was still gone.  I restarted anti-exploit, and the problem returned.

Please fix, or offer a fix, or refund my money.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to need more explicit instructions on how to find the hidden log files.  When I go to the MBAE directory in Program files, and right click, there is no "Hidden Files" option under view.

I was able to load FRST, but have no idea how to generate the logs that you want me to attach, and where to find them.

Hello HAZORD:

1. The directory with the relevant MBAE logs for a typical Windows 7 x64 system are located at:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\

Please note carefully that the required MBAE logs are not within the C:\Program files\ directory.  If the above directory is not visible to you, supplemental instructions are available to retain the Microsoft operating system's default seclusion of security critical directories and files, and still extract the needed MBAE logs.

2. Although originally written for the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) product, the detailed instructions for downloading and running FRST64.exe are located with the instructions for Log Set 1.  If FRST64.exe is saved to, and run from, an Administrative account's desktop as required, the two (2) output .txt files, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will also be written to the Administrative account's desktop.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers