MASSIVE amount of ram used by mbam service

OK so I was trying to get an unrelated app to open on my windows 10 pc to open, and I opened task manager and saw that ~16.7 GB of ram out of my 32 were being used, I switched over to the applications panel and sorted by RAM usage and the mbam service app was using ~12 GB of ram, which is an absolutely massive amount for any reasonable program

Though I haven't noticed a major slow down due to my 32 GB installed (which I use for virtual machines I run off of this PC) the fact that it IS using over 12 gigs of ram I think is a problem

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh and as I typed this post the ram usage INCREASED by 800MB

mbamservice ram usage.PNG

mbamservice.PNG

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

That is not normal as you say... perhaps there is a memory leak of some sort, probably doing a clean re-install will fix it.

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about v2.2.0 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes. Thank You, Firefox

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Yes, please try the clean removal process and reinstall. As you can see here are usage stats from my Windows 7 system. Windows 10 should be similar.

mbam_cpu_usage.jpg

mbam_memory_usage.jpg

mbam_cpu_usage2.jpg

Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest version using the following guide. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Let us know. If it does not help then we'd like to get the logs requested by @Firefox please.

Thanks

Ron