Rename "guidelines"

Please rename "Guidelines" back to "Terms of Use" which historically it has been.

In fact the text actually states...

A copy of the TOS can always be found in the forum. The management team at Malwarebytes looks forward to getting to know you and helping with any assistance you may need with your computer.

If "Guidelines" is renamed to "Terms of Use" then all aspects are in concert rather than being incongruous.

I posted about this subject matter very early on in what was  No ToU Link  which became No ToU Link - resolved  which did not state how it was resolved nor where it could be found.  Only to find it was added with the inconsistent name of "Guidelines" .  

The term "Guidelines" is not standard and has no teeth.

Terms of Use, Terms of Service and Authorized Use Policy are standard terminology.  The forum had it right the first time.  The terminology "Guidelines" is wrong and it needs to be changed not the verbiage within the Forum's Terms of Service/Terms of Use declaration.

Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_service

• celee locked this topic

As I wrote previously...

The terminology "Guidelines" is not standard and has no teeth.  It is very important to use standard notation and standard language so the Forum Abusers can't state "I did not know".

Terms of Use, Terms of Service and Authorized Use Policy are standard terminology.  The forum had it right the first time.  The terminology "Guidelines" is wrong and it needs to be changed not the verbiage within the Forum's Terms of Service/Terms of Use declaration.

Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terms_of_service

Anybody who has control over the forum software can change the label "Guidelines" to "Terms of Use".  It is very easy to do.