• Staff
33 minutes ago, Firefox said:

So is the Preview Post officially going to be out? I know there was discussion about that one.

I really hope you will return this option. Sometimes there are case sensitive replies and without this, it will be really difficult to work.

What about rich text editor option turn on/turn off? How can I see if my reply that contains a lot of bbcodes is looking good? 

• Staff

@TwinHeadedEagle Thank you for the feedback and making think about Fringe. I so miss that show. Anyways, what would you like to see? What's missing or not working with the default WYSIWYG Editor?

I would like to see the basic option all forums on the world have, it is called Preview. What is see is this:

xpqzbo.jpg

What I should get is this:

t6ql9h.jpg

And what I got is this:

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked. 2873ryc.png
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please attach report into your next reply.

Pretty sure this is caused by the enriched text editor that messes up the formatting. I've seen that happen just way too often.

Can you try ending your bullet points with [/*] and see if the canned comes out properly?

• Staff

Does it look like a decently formatted reply? I don't think so. And I can't fix it. I can't store my canned speeches anymore to use them for the next user.

I really don't know where is this leading? What will be the next imposed thing? MalwareBytes spying on its forum users like Microsoft does :D

Thank you :)

• Staff

Please upload them into your next reply.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).[/*]
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.[/*]
  • Press Scan button and wait.[/*]
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.[/*]

Yeah so IPS4 doesn't accept [/*] at the end, while IPS3 does. Personally, I have no issues with the new forum software (look, options, etc.) but the text editor being that broken is quite an issue for helpers like Twin who relies on canneds. I assist on other forums, and I just abuse the Preview feature since it allows us to see if our posts are perfectly formatted before posting them for real.

• Administrators

@TwinHeadedEagle I simply copied the example you posted as being malformed and performed the following to fix it:

1. Put the cursor in front of the image line of the bullet list
  2. Pressed Shift+enter to move the image to the next list line WITHOUT a bullet. That command is a standard word processing/editing feature.
  3. Put the cursor on the extra lines and removed them by pressing delete
  4. Did not need a Post Preview since the modifications are happening in real-time so I can see exactly what will post.

I think what is causing issues here is that you are used to having to go above an beyond to make clean formatting. The new editor allows you to do that in an easier fashion without having to get under the hood so to speak.

And what I got is this:

• (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.
    2873ryc.png
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

• Administrators

IPS Community Suite 4 does not have a preview post option. Meaning, we can't enable it as it does not exist. To help with this huge loss, we changed our policy on the editing of posts so that anyone can edit and can do so immediately. Another feature we're looking at enabling is the ability to have the "source" button in your posting toolbar - which would allow you to see the code. This option is tied to some other security settings and we can't flip it on just yet. Give us a bit of time to figure out if this is something we can do.

• Administrators

I too want to test the copy/pasting... this is a copy/paste of Alex's version of the Farbar post...

• (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.
    2873ryc.png

• Staff

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
    x5o4gh.png
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.