Simultaneously says "Fully Protected and Protection Disabled"

datapod

This is a new twist.

Please see attached image. Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta is now giving the message that it is working and disabled at the same time.

Clicking "Start Protection" has no effect. Fully exiting the program (Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta) and re-starting it also has no effect. 

post-200056-0-77792900-1457696268_thumb.

A question to which I would appreciate an answer, if you are able to tell from thr attached log files is, which of these messages appear to be correct. IOW is  Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta currently working or is it not?

Thank You for your time.

D

P.S. I am now running Windows 10 Professional 1511 build 10586.164

DetectEvidence-2016-02-06-094817.zip

mbarwind-01.zip

Hello datapod:

A few similar instances have been mentioned in this sub-forum. My opinion is quite non-authoritative, but the available data from the posted archives appears to show that MBARW Beta5 may have been functioning correctly but the MBARW GUI Dashboard may not have been updated. I recommend the following procedure:

If a conventional Windows restart to the Normal boot mode has/does not resolve(d) the reported issue, please consider a clean re-install of MBARW Beta5:

1. Close all open Windows applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.
2. If MBARW Beta was uninstalled successfully, the following directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 64-bit system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually. If necessary, any remaining/uninstalled directory may still be deleted in the Windows Safe mode.
4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in through an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!
5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.
6. Right-click the MBARW_Setup.exe file and left-click RunAsAdmin.jpgRun as administrator from the context menu.
7. Upon a successful installation, please restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Hello datapod:

A few similar instances have been mentioned in this sub-forum. My opinion is quite non-authoritative, but the available data from the posted archives appears to show that MBARW Beta5 may have been functioning correctly but the MBARW GUI Dashboard may not have been updated. I recommend the following procedure:

If a conventional Windows restart to the Normal boot mode has/does not resolve(d) the reported issue, please consider a clean re-install of MBARW Beta5:

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following your instructions I performed a clean install of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta. This appears to have resolved the problem. I have only performed a single restart but, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta did restart active and showing the proper status.

As an aside I use Revo Uninstaller Pro (fully 64 Bit compatible) to uninstall programs. It did show that Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta left behind a significant number of registry entries following it's (Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta) built in uninstaller. I was not able to find a way to record which items.

I thought this might be a useful data point for your developer team.

Thanks for your feedback.

D

FWIW update.On boot this morning Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta started with "Protection Disabled" as in previous topic. Clicking "start protection" worked as expected and was correctly reported in Dashboard,

I did not attach log  files as this is not new behavior since I last did so. Let me know if you want them today.

D

Good morning from RODCOL16,

I too am experiencing this problem. In an effort to find out why this happens, I logged off and logged on again and the problem disappeared. If it happens again, I will investigate further, and include log files.

Have a pleasant day!!

Rodney

Hello @RODCOL16:

It is disappointing to read your testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.

The same is true for solutions. Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.

Development Team Members, Staffers and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.

I just got this same error and want to give input.

I installed MBARW on 2 machines, both clean windows 10 installs, one gave this error another didnt.

the 64bit version worked fine.

the 32bit windows is the one that gave this error.  Maybe that has somethign to do with this?

I also noticed that MBARW defaults to install in the x64 bit folder regardless of which machine I am on.

Hello @MBARW11111:

It is disappointing to read your testing system is having MBARW Beta issues but each computer is unique. Problems that seem "the same" frequently are not.

The same is true for solutions. Solutions may often need to be individualized for your unique testing system.

It is less confusing for everyone if a "One Member Per Topic" policy is adhered to instead of posting to the topic of another member.

Development Team Members, Staffers and helpers will be able to more easily provide both you, and the OP/Topic Starter, with individualized assistance.

Please start a NEW, and SEPARATE topic by left-clicking this >>Start New Topic<< link now.

Thank you always for your patience and understanding.