Real-Time Protection No protection Fix Now button does nothing

Hi

I'm new here.  I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place, has been covered, etc (though what works for one may not work for another, so it would be foolish to try a fix given to someone else, even if i could understand it :-))  

A couple of days ago I bought MBAM Premium (download)  and today I find that the real-time protection isn't enabled.  As per the heading, the Fix Now button does nothing.  I get (Not Responding), the button fades, returns, no change.  £20 isn't a lot of money, but it's still money.  How can I fix this?  My PC has some kind of DNS-changing trojan (picked up before the download of Premium).  Real-time must have been working because the missus said that she kept getting messages saying it had blocked malicious websites.  But it's not working now. I have restarted my PC and it's been since this that I've had the error.  

I will obviously restart again, but just wanted to put this out there.  I'll restart and see if it changes anything.

Please don't reply until I have done so - I do not want to waste anybody's time.  I'll restart and reply to myself.  I hope that it's okay to do this.

Thanks!

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

No worries about your post. Glad you got your Malwarebytes working. From what you typed it sounds as you may have picked up an infection. If you want to make sure the infection is gone, please follow the instructions below for one on one expert help, all done for free. Removing malware sometimes takes more than one tool.

We are not permitted to review scan logs or work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

We are not permitted to work on possible malware-related issues here in this section of the forum.

Such work is conducted in a special forum area reserved for that purpose, or at the help desk.

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you