The MBAMService.exe service is taking up 3 GB of my memory and completely slows down my PC.

I am running a Windows 7 64 bit OS with McAfee AV and HIPS.

Only until I kill the service, can I work on my computer.

Hello nanictech and :welcome:

First, please create the following archives for developer analysis:

Create a ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

Create another ZIP archive of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the above zipped archives to your next reply.

Then, if a conventional Windows restart to the Normal boot mode has/does not resolve(d) the reported issue, please consider a clean re-install of MBARW Beta:

1. Close all open Windows applications followed by a conventional Windows based uninstall of MBARW Beta.

2. If MBARW Beta was uninstalled successfully, the following directories will have been deleted from a typical Windows 64-bit system:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\

C:\ProgramData\MBAMService\

3. If any of the above directories remain, please delete them manually.

4. Execute a conventional Windows restart to the Normal Windows boot mode and log-in to an Administrator's account. <===IMPORTANT!

5. Using an Administrator's account only, download a fresh MBARW_Setup.exe file and save to the Administrator's Desktop from the MBARW Introduction topic.

6. Restart the computer in a conventional manner to the Windows Normal boot mode.

Please reply to your topic with the status of your reported issue.

Thank you for beta testing MBARW and your valued feedback.

Hello:

Please advise if the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

Hello blamemonkey:

Please advise if a MBARW re-install was done, or was a clean re-install done?

Thank you.

If by clean you mean uninstall, confirm directories removed, reboot, re download, reboot, reinstall, reboot, reboot.

Then yes is was a clean re-install

We are aware of this issue and are working hard to resolve it. It is one of our top priorities. Thanks!