Cannot enable malicious website blocking in MBAM

Hi, just the other day I noticed that i can no longer enable malicious website blocking in MBAM. When I click to turn it on from the task bar or from withing MBAM settings it just turns it's self off immediately.

I'm here to ask if any MBAM modules or services have any dependencies on the following:

-COM+ Event System [EventSystem]

-Diagnostic Service Host [WdiServiceHost]

-Function Discovery Provider Host [fdPHost]

-Network Store Interface Service [nsi]

-Network List Service [netprofm]

-WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service [WinHttpAutoProxySvc]

-Windows Front Cache Service [FrontCache]

All of witch are found in  "Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (LocalService)"

The reason I ask is because recently I was restarting each one of these services in turn from the services.msc list in windows. When I was doing so some of the services listed restarted ok, but many of them could not restart because of dependencies on other services that were denying access to a restart. I've since learned that this is normal, and I should have not restarted any of those services from services.msc while the system was running.

So now I fear I may have messed up something in my system or something to do with how MBAM operates, because even since restating those services the malicious website blocking feature in MBAM cannot be turned on. :( :( :(

My MBAM is a Licensed Permium Home version.

At this time I doubt that any malware or virus is responsible for this, I just think that I may have broken something and would really apprentice any help that support can give.

Thank you.

Hi:

I'm not sure about your specific question about the dependencies/services.
We'll need to wait for a staff member to weigh in.

However, you wrote:

So now I fear I may have messed up something in my system or something to do with how MBAM operates, because even since restating those services the malicious website blocking feature in MBAM cannot be turned on. :( :( :(

Let's start with routine troubleshooting, please.

If a system reboot does not resolve the issue:

• Please carefully follow all the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x - please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool and it's not a bad idea to reboot again after reinstalling.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: More info about v2.2.0 HERE; User Guide ONLINE; User Guide PDF; FAQ: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ok, I did a clean and reinstall as directed in the clean removal process. And thankfully it appears as though this seems to have sorted the issue. Malicious Website Blocking now comes on automatically and stays on. Thank you so much, so glad to have Mbam back to full protection. I've had Mbam on pretty much every single system i've owned since early releases, and it has saved me from all sorts of nastys so many times in the past.

However due tot he intermittent nature of the issue as I was experiencing it somewhat intermittently between reboots. I would ask that this thread be left open for at least 7 days, just encase the issue returns. If after 7 days theres no further posts, then feel free to close the thread, and / or I will try to remember to mark it as solved.

Thank you :)

Hi:

Great -- I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

As far as locking the thread or marking it solved, we don't routinely do either here.

It's up to the forum mod team, but they will generally leave the thread open unless interlopers or spammers start to clutter it up.

Either way, please feel free to post back at any time, if you need more help.

Cheers,

Hi:

Alas, new forum members are not permitted to edit posts (because of prior spam/abuse).

And we don't typically mark threads as "solved" in this section of the forum.

The forum mod team *may* amicably lock this thread, in order to prevent spammers and interlopers from cluttering it.

Or they may not.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to let us know you resolved your issue.

Cheers,