Malwarebytes Antimalware Corporate 1.80.1.1011

I have ALWAYS had a paid LIFETIME license for the standard version of MBAM. All of a sudden, I just noticed that the MBAM icon was missing from my system tray, so I clicked on the MBAM desktop icon and was VERY surprised to see that the version of MBAM that I have been using for quite a while has changed to the CORPOATE version (ID: with a Key that is all X's). When I opened this new program, I discovered on the "Protection" tab the words in a red box: "Protection disabled". So I assume that I no longer have the automatic protection feature that I have used for years. First, can you explain to me why the Corporate version was automatically installed wiping out the lifetime MBAM version that I have always had? Is the Corporate version Lifetime licensed or have I lost my Lifetime license? How can I change the "Protection disabled" to "Enabled? PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

Hi:

I've never seen that reported here in the forum, and I don't know how it would even be possible.
MBAM Consumer would not and could not automatically convert or transform itself to MBAM Business.
The only logical explanation is that you may have inadvertently downloaded and installed the wrong version at some point.

Let's get a peek at the system first.
Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

We'll go from there, likely with a clean reinstall.

But it would help to see the logs first.

Thank you,

Thanks daledoc,

Attached are the 3 files that you requested. I hope that you can discover why it got installed today and how to get back to normal.

Best regards,

Richard

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

Hi:

Your logs show that BOTH versions of MBAM are installed on the system:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.80.1.1011 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware_is1) (Version: 1.80.1.1011 - Malwarebytes Corporation)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.0.1024 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware_is1) (Version: 2.2.0.1024 - Malwarebytes)

So, let's clear it all out and get a clean re-install of MBAM Consumer 2.2.0.1024 Premium.

Before starting:

• Please make sure you have your license information handy (if it's a 1-PC, lifetime license, you'll need both the ID and the Key to activate after reinstalling)

Then, please carefully follow all the steps in this guide: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.

Be sure to reboot the computer when prompted by the removal tool.

It's not a bad idea to reboot again after reinstalling.

If you need help with activation, this KB article explains how: How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

The forum experts/staff may have some additional advice for you, to fix the other issues in the logs.

But let us know how it goes with the MBAM reinstall.

Thank you,

1) Daledoc,

The clean removal of the Corporate version has been accomplished and MBAM 2.2.0.1024 has been successfully installed and activated, set-up, and the first scan has been run lasting 10 minutes 8 seconds, with NO reported problems.

2) Advanced Setup,

Can we now fix the "Other Issues" that you reported?

Best regards,

Richard

• Root Admin

Yes, please open a NEW topic in the removal forum

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/7-malware-removal-help/

Then write that I asked you to post there and that I will be helping you. Then post back here or send me a PM an let me know when you have the other topic ready and we'll proceed.

Thanks

Ron

Attn: Ron Lewis - Advanced Setup.

You had asked me to start a new post in this forum to address the issues that were found in my original posting above.

Now what can we do?

Best regards,

Richard

• Root Admin

Hi  Richard

I've already replied to your PM and to your other posted topic.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/179639-mbam-problems-removal-help/

Please follow those directions first and then if anything is left over we'll manually fix it if needed.

Cheers

Ron