Possible false positive with GIMP

tonyb56586

I had just installed GIMP, the freeware photo editing program, and was running it through setup when I received a message stating that GIMP was recognized as being ransom ware.  I have used GIMP before and did not have any ransomeware or malware problems with it.  I sent it to quarantine so hold it until I could find out more information about it.  The treat name, as shown in quarantine, is Malware.Ransom.Agent.Generic.  The type is a File, and the Location is C;\ProgramFiles (x86)\GIMPshop\bin\gimp-2.2.exe   I would have attached the file, but since it is in quarantine, it is no longer at that location.

I am presently holding it in quarantine until I can find more information about it.  I would appreciate any help that y'all can give me.

Thank you,

TonyB

Hope this is what you meant by report in the instructions.  If not, let me know, and I'll try to fix it.  Anyhow, here are the zip files you mentioned.

TonyB

gimp-2.2.zip

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip

logs.zip

OK, great!! I am so glad I was able to participate in this beta and to offer some feedback.  I HATE ransomeware since I was a victim of it twice a couple of years ago when I had Win 8.  My local computer repair geek was able to remove it for me then, but these newer ones are really vicious from what I understand.

TonyB