Steve_MA

Anti-Ransomware Protection is Disabled

Constantly happening on many machines on our domain - and no we have not upgraded to 10 on any (we run 7 on all).  If I uninstall, reboot and re-install I can get it back.  No sure if its related to different people login in.. Seems fine at install then I go back a few days later and look and the user and it shows as Disabled.  Happens a lot

I just installed last night and the program was up and running, and then I shut down my computer around 11:30pm.  When I turned it on this morning and checked it around 8:30am, the window says the Anti-Ransomware Protection is disabled and clicking neither Start Protection nor Fix Now turns it back on.

I'm a Windows 10 Insider, so I'm running Evaluation copy. Build 14271.rs1_release.160218-2310, but reading SteveMA's post above, it appears that perhaps the Windows version is not the problem...

I look forward to the fix, and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day, all!!

ladyhacker

:-)

Ah!

The program was disabled when I booted up this morning, as it has been since I installed, but today I was able to START IT!!!  :-)

The software tells me I'm protected today...oh how I hope that's true!!  :-)

Have a great day, all!!

ladyhacker

Ditto. Maybe when I purchase the program the bug will be worked out.I will purchase the product since it has protected me from specific attacks.

Same here. Installed MBAR on new Win 10 laptop last night. Was working fine. This morning, turned on laptop. MBAR is turned off and cannot turn it on.

Alas....I'm back to the program failing to start again this morning...

Probably has something to do with the fact that last night when I shut down my computer, after having the Anti-Ransomware running fine (to all appearances anyway) all day, Windows said it had to "Repair" something and displayed the little sad face for a bit (didn't take long to fix whatever it was), and then it restarted.

I was ready for bed so I didn't log all the way back in, just shut it back down from the icon in the bottom right corner of the rocks/ocean login screen, then started it cold this morning...

Ah, but tomorrow is another day!!

Have a great day, everybody!!

ladyhacker

Got a Win 10 Insider Update last night and this morning when I signed in after the restart it was running without having to click on anything....

I've noticed that there are several different programs that work fine after a restart, but fail on a cold start (which is what I do most days....)

Have a great night, everybody!!

ladyhacker

Had ARP for several weeks.  Sometimes it automatically loaded, sometimes it said i was not protected and i manually loaded it.  Other times i had to reboot.  For the last week or so it just says it is unprotected, no matter what I do. Task manager says it is using 4.7 meg of memory, but it still says that i am unprotected.