Anti-Ransomware Protection is Disabled

Steve_MA

Constantly happening on many machines on our domain - and no we have not upgraded to 10 on any (we run 7 on all).  If I uninstall, reboot and re-install I can get it back.  No sure if its related to different people login in.. Seems fine at install then I go back a few days later and look and the user and it shows as Disabled.  Happens a lot

I just installed last night and the program was up and running, and then I shut down my computer around 11:30pm.  When I turned it on this morning and checked it around 8:30am, the window says the Anti-Ransomware Protection is disabled and clicking neither Start Protection nor Fix Now turns it back on.

I'm a Windows 10 Insider, so I'm running Evaluation copy. Build 14271.rs1_release.160218-2310, but reading SteveMA's post above, it appears that perhaps the Windows version is not the problem...

I look forward to the fix, and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day, all!!

ladyhacker

:-)

Alas....I'm back to the program failing to start again this morning...

Probably has something to do with the fact that last night when I shut down my computer, after having the Anti-Ransomware running fine (to all appearances anyway) all day, Windows said it had to "Repair" something and displayed the little sad face for a bit (didn't take long to fix whatever it was), and then it restarted.

I was ready for bed so I didn't log all the way back in, just shut it back down from the icon in the bottom right corner of the rocks/ocean login screen, then started it cold this morning...

Ah, but tomorrow is another day!!

Have a great day, everybody!!

ladyhacker

Got a Win 10 Insider Update last night and this morning when I signed in after the restart it was running without having to click on anything....

I've noticed that there are several different programs that work fine after a restart, but fail on a cold start (which is what I do most days....)

Have a great night, everybody!!

ladyhacker

Had ARP for several weeks.  Sometimes it automatically loaded, sometimes it said i was not protected and i manually loaded it.  Other times i had to reboot.  For the last week or so it just says it is unprotected, no matter what I do. Task manager says it is using 4.7 meg of memory, but it still says that i am unprotected.